As I stated in a previous post I want President Obama to succeed- I really do. It is to my benefit that he does, to the benefit of my two boys in the military and to the benefit of the entire country as well. As is frequently the case my desires and reality rarely meet. A full week has not even passed in the presidency of President Obama but it is already time for a review.
· Guantanamo Bay- As we all know this place was a dismal failure base upon the way we handled foreign Islamic terrorists who wanted to kill you and I. We were, at times, unduly rude to these poor guys many of whom were responsible for increasing the population of Arlington National Cemetery. The same men who would hide like cowards and detonate bombs in an attempt to kill my sons. These men are from the same groups of people who strap bombs to others and have them wade into crowds of civilians massacring them so their religious ideology can be broadcast to the world though carnage and intimidation- through pure fear. Guantanamo Bay was surely a failure of the Bush administration’s war on terror as evidenced by the number of American deaths at the hands of terrorists in this country since September 11th 2001.
Oh wait a minute- I just checked the math and maybe I am confused. As it turns out in over seven years not a single American has died in this country by the hands of an Islamic terrorist! How could that be with such failed policies of President George Bush? Must have been blind luck I suppose because as all of America knows George Bush is just a bumbling idiot right?
Well no worries ladies and gentlemen for President Obama is closing this shameful prison and from this point forward we are going to be treating these poor misunderstood oppressed terror suspects with dignity. As a matter of fact they may likely be released before long so they can bring the word of America’s “Change” back to their lands. It will only be a matter of time before we see these guys leading pro-American rallies in their countries while wearing Barack Obama t-shirts.
I certainly feel safer now as do my boys. How about you?
· Abortion – One of President Obama’s first decisions was to end a ban on federal funding for international groups that perform abortions or provide information on them. While I am generally against giving a lot of my tax money away to foreign countries this is an urgent need to overturn another terrible policy of George Bush. What could Bush have been thinking when he decided that out hard earned tax money shouldn’t be spent upon the marketing and executing of abortions in foreign lands? The poor people in these countries have as much of a right to kill their unborn children as we do in America right? Thankfully these foreign women will have as much of a chance to destroy their country’s futures as we do in the states. Thankfully Obama has gotten this country’s priorities back on track for the real threat to America isn’t the radical Islamic jihadists- it’s these darned unborn children in foreign lands!
Smaller but still crucial observations:
· Swearing in “do over” – Interesting that Obama allowed very little press coverage of this event that is very important to our country. Most telling was that in the absence of millions and millions he forgot to include a Bible in the ceremony. It is quite possible that he simply forgot his Bible on the desk.
· Press relations – wide coverage about President Obama becoming openly angry, laying his hands upon and chastising a member of the White House press core for doing what? Oh yeah… asking him a question that he didn’t like! I praise President Obama for letting the press know right up front that doing their job can get them in trouble. Especially if doing their job could possibly dim the halo of the anointed one.
Also it was widely reported that the only inauguration day interview that President Obama permitted was by a network that spent millions of dollars funding one of his inauguration balls. Such criticism heaped upon this president is truly absurd for if he were to give interviews to all of the media outlets who have provided him support over the last few months he wouldn’t have had time for a single dance with his beautiful first lady on that historic day!
· Censorship – President Obama chastised Republican leaders for listening to Rush Limbaugh stating that doing so will limit their abilities to work for “Change.” Am I ever glad that we finally have a President with the courage to tell our leaders what and whom they are allowed to listen to!
Indeed ladies and gentleman – “Change” has come to Washington. Congratulations as the majority of you have now gotten what you have asked for.